The Vision of the Regina Whittlers and Woodcarvers Club:
To develop and maintain a fraternity of persons interested in all aspects of whittling and woodcarving.
To accomplish this Vision we have the following Objectives:
- To provide advice and assistance on sculpture in wood and other media.
- To arrange and/or assist in arranging training and seminars independently or in co-operation with others.
- To share information on products and/or materials, availability, cost and location.
- To hold regular meetings covering business aspect.
- To encourage discount rates and special considerations at retail and wholesale outlets.
- To encourage knowledge about and appreciation for carving through public displays, seminars, and exhibitions.
We meet the second Thursday of the month, 7:00 to 9:00 pm at the Neil Balkwill Centre from September to May, odd number months include business meetings. Carvers bring projects to work on and or show to others, and gain advice and encouragement. The third Thursday of the month, again from 7 to 9 at the Neil Balkwill Centre we work on a small project together. We all pay $5 to cover room rent, the patterns we receive via email and the wood.
Club Membership in Regina Whittlers and Woodcarvers ($20.00) entitles you to receive member discounts to a variety of classes relating to the art of woodcarving and regularly scheduled carving evenings. At these carving evenings, you can take advantage of the expertise of carvers who have carving experience. Another resource is the club library which is located at the Balkwill Centre.
Also as a member of Regina Whittlers and Woodcarvers you can purchase painting supplies at Norcal Art and Framing at 1347 Winnipeg St and wood at Windsor Plywood 920 Bower Cres. receive a discount.
Members join with the South Saskatchewan Woodturners Guild and produce the annual Woodworking Show at a Regina location. Also, we have participated in a display and demonstration at the Queen City Ex.
Or better yet … come to one of our meetings which are held at 7:00 PM on the second Thursday of each month from September till May, at the Neil Balkwill Centre located at 2420 Elphinstone St. in Regina, Saskatchewan. See you there!